Our mission: supporting the vaccine community with adjuvant and formulation expertise on an open access basis
Adjuvants are key components of modern vaccines, because of – among others – their ability to modulate immune responses, enable dose-sparing and improve efficacy of numerous life-saving vaccines.
However, suitable adjuvants and the associated expertise required to effectively use them are not always openly available to the majority of vaccine researchers and developers.
VFI, a not-for-profit company based in Switzerland, is dedicated to provide its technologies in open-access to all interested groups.
Since 2012, VFI provides vaccine researchers and developers a variety of adjuvant-related laboratory and training activities. This includes advise on how to correctly formulate and characterize the adjuvants and the resulting vaccine formulations.
Our main activities
- Supply of adjuvants for research and preclinical development
- Optimization and characterisation of adjuvanted vaccine formulations
- Theoretical and practical trainings relating to adjuvants and vaccine formulation
- Technology transfer of adjuvant manufacturing and quality control techniques
- Custom adjuvant/formulation R&D projects
- Development of analytical methods to characterize adjuvants and formulations
- Provision of access to adjuvant manufacturing and quality control equipment